Olivia's Thoughts and Rants

Where I come to tell people my thoughts and my ranting never stops.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

"When the Jester sang for the King and Queen"

Okay, today I listened to "American Pie" by Don McLean. And if y'all don't know it, you really don't need to be reading this. Actually, if you don't know that song, I don't want you to read my blog. But, anyway, it says this thing about sacrifice and fire and stuff and something tugged inside me and made me think about what it meant. So I went out and "googled" (is that a word?) things that could, like, translate it. You know, try to find out what the lyrics meant and this is what I found about that verse: basically the Rolling Stones hired Hell's Angels to work security at their Altamont Speedway 1968 concert and in a dark corner near the stage a young man named Meredith Hunter was beaten and stabbed to death. By the H.A. And apparently Mick Jagger was dancing around and laughing at the "event" while it was happening. And I was always this big Rolling Stones fan, but now I get so mad to even think about that. That guy could have had a great life. He could've found a cure for cancer (I know, slim chances, but go with me here)! And I realized these sorts of things are still going on. And we probably encourage it in a way. We might not realize it, though.

What I'm reading: Nothing
What I'm listening to: Nothing
What I'm thinking: Nothing

Check this site out:
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/amerpie-1.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home